Running the Curvy Girl Guide Community puts me in touch with thousands of brilliant women, and their equally brilliant platforms. In an effort to embolden and promote the powerful voices I surround myself with, I’ve developed a month’s worth of writing prompts for them (and you!) to explore and magnify across their blogs and social platforms.
After all, who doesn’t need a little bit of inspiration?
Feel free to pick which prompts fit your needs for the day!
1. Write a letter to yourself 10 years ago. What do you know now, that you wished you’d known then?
2. The first time you were called fat. When was it, and how did it change your life?
3. “If beauty didn’t matter, I would…”
4. PHOTO POST: Red lipstick, skinny jeans, tall boots… take a photo and tell me about one item you’ve been afraid to rock… until now!
5. Tell me about the 5 women who have changed your life.
6. Self Care is everything. Tell me about five things you can do this week to prioritize and treat yourself.
7. What’s the most important book you’ve ever read?
8. Things you wish your mother would have told you about body image.
9. PHOTO POST: Dr. Martens, the perfect jeans, Fringed Leather Jacket… what’s one item in your closet you’ll never part with.
10. Have you ever been bullied as an adult? Tell me about it.
11. What one song would you pick to be your anthem?
12. The Confidence Bucket List. Tell me about 10 things you hope to one day have the confidence to do.
13. What would you tell a young girl going off to college for the first time?
14. Where do you go when you need to recharge?
15. PHOTO POST: August 15th is National Best Friends Day. Tell me about yours.
16. Do you ever feel pressured to be perfect and have it all together, even when you don’t? Let’s hear about it.
17. Have you ever dined out, gone to a movie or traveled alone?
18. August 18th is National Serendipity Day. Tell me about something spontaneous you’ve done.
19. Tell me about your fashion icons.
20. If you could change one thing about yourself, that has nothing to do with your body, what would it be?
21. What makes you strong?
22. Ask your best friend/sister/mother/significant other to name three beautiful things about you. How does it compare to the list you’d make about yourself?
23. PHOTO POST: Show me a picture of yourself you used to hate, but have grown to love and why.
24. What will you tell your daughter about her body?
25. August 25th is National Kiss & Make Up Day. Sometimes the one we owe the biggest apology to, is ourselves. What do you have to say “I’m sorry” to yourself for?
26. Why are you saying goodbye to your scale?
27. PHOTO POST: The Perfect Girls Night Out Outfit.
28. If you could create your very own version of The Breakfast Club, who would you want in detention with you?
29. Have you ever fat or skinny shamed someone?
30. Emotional eating is delicious, what are your go-to foods?
31. Write a letter to yourself 10 years in the future. What do you hope to know, and how do you hope to change from today?
Don’t forget to link to your posts each day in the comments below!
Don’t have a blog, but want your words seen? Email me at [email protected], and your submission could be featured on CurvyGirlGuide.com!
I’ve done two: today I did #10, on coincidentally, the 10th. Thanks for the list!
[…] Click here for August’s writing prompts! […]
[…] *this post was part of the CG Write your Face Off Event […]
Anthem? My mind suddenly went blank.
Todays prompt was “What are 10 things you one day hope to have the confidence to do?”
HI Brittany! I wasn’t sure how to “link up” my blog to your post. But I used your August Writing Prompts to tackle a huge personal struggle. Please check it out! http://beyondtheclothing.com/scar-tissue/ You totally inspired me!
[…] post is part of the August Body Blogging Challenge by Brittany, Herself. This post is inspired by prompt #2 – “The first time you were called fat. When was […]
Have you ever gone to a movie, dined out or traveled alone.
[…] August Writing Prompt #28. If you could create your very own version of The Breakfast Club, who would you want in detention with you? […]
Thank you for being brave! Thank you for being a woman and a mother, but more importantly, in a weird kind of way you gave me hope a long time ago to get out of an abusive relationship. I know it was from reading the emails between you and your husband. It was like the last thing I needed to see, to know, I was in the wrong place.
Any way as a recovering body-hater, here is my response to #8 and #24 I submitted it to Elephant Journal, so that is the link I am sending http://wp.me/pWVFb-3Mp1
The prompt was: “Do you ever feel pressure to be prefect and have it all together, even when you don’t?”
Here’s to vulnerability in blog form:
[…] was #12 in the August Writing Prompt series. The Confidence Bucket List. Tell me about 10 things you hope to one day have the […]
The confidence bucket list. https://marshmallowmommy.wordpress.com/2014/08/14/confidence-and-a-bucket-list/
National Best Friend Day
[…] things and are a part of the CGG community, to write some meaningful words. She even gave us some prompts to pick and choose from. I’ll be throwing a few more of these in to help me get my groove back, and also to just get […]
[…] August Writing Prompt #15. PHOTO POST: August 15th is National Best Friends Day. Tell me about yours. […]
[…] August Writing Prompt #5 says “Tell me about the 5 women who have changed your life.” […]
I don’t even know how to thank you for this challenge, Brittany. What I wrote and posted today is by far the most I have ever put myself out there in my writing. It is bare bones, raw Heather. All of my flaws and greatest fears just hanging out there for the world to see if they choose to look. It was terrifying to publish, but just getting it out there has been cathartic. Thank you thank you thank you. http://www.thecoolgirl.com/letter-to-myself-10-years-ago/
[…] August Writing Prompt #26 Why are you saying goodbye to your scale? […]
Wow! That was a lot of fun!
this is such a great initiative. I chose to begin with prompt #6, and I’m feeling so excited about it.
[…] so I have chosen August Writing Prompt #6. Self Care is everything. Tell me about five things you can do this week to prioritize and […]
I was having trouble deciding on a prompt … and then this happened. I proudly submit to you my response to #10. Have you ever been bullied as an adult?
***Warning, my blog is very NSFW, so if you venture off the directed link you will see boobs. And peen.***
[…] I have picked August Writing Prompt#16. Do you ever feel pressured to be perfect and have it all together, even when you don’t? […]
[…] August Writing Prompt #1. Write a letter to yourself 10 years ago. What do you know now, that you wished you’d known then. […]
Really enjoyed doing this! Thank you!
#25 = http://becahsjourney.blogspot.com/2014/08/dear-me-i-am-so-sorry.html
The Loudest Minds:
[…] August Writing Prompt #19. Tell me about your fashion icons. […]
Today I decided to post a photo for prompt #9 :)
“What makes you strong?”
Here is my blog:
“Why are you saying goodbye to the scale?”
The final blog of the prompts.
“Write a letter to yourself 10 years in the future.”
Here is my blog:
Brittany, THANK YOU FOR THIS. SO SO SO SO MUCH. This month has profoundly effected and changed me. Thank you.
[…] girls of the Curvy Girl Guide Community are gearing up for another month of showing off their powerful voices and ideas. To help that process along, I’ve developed […]
[…] now there are September Writing Prompts. I didn’t do all of the August ones. But I really like some of the August ones, so I’m going to continue to work through […]