I rarely tackle Mexican food. I blame acid reflux, and a general distaste for beans.
So, it takes a really yummy recipe to get me on board, and my mom’s enchiladas do the trick!
Like all my recipes, this is low fat….snort….just kidding. I love fat pants. Feel free to low fat this one up all ya want, but I like my food chubby.
2 pounds Ground Beef
6 flour Tortillas
1 can refried beans
1 can Mild Enchilada Sauce (Feel free to go wild and get it spicier:)
1 can condensed Tomato Soup
1 can condensed Cream of Mushroom
3/4 cup BBQ Sauce (I use Original Mississippi BBQ Sauce)
1 bag shredded Mild Cheddar Cheese (again, go with your preferences here)
1 large Tomato
1 Bag of Shredded Lettuce
*Makes 6 enchiladas in a 9×13 dish
Preheat over to 350 degrees
Dice tomatoes for topping after cooking
1. Brown ground beef and drain.
2. Add 1/2 can of refried beans to ground beef, mixing together well, discard the rest.
3. Add BBQ Sauce to the meat and bean mixture. Stirring to coat.
4. In a tortilla, add meat and a layer of shredded cheese. Roll tortilla to close (like a burritto), and stick width wise in the baking dish. Continue until 6 enchiladas are wrapped and placed. Cover tortillas in a layer of shredded cheese.
6. Pour entire mixture over tortillas and then cover with another layer of shredded cheese.
8. Let stand 5 minutes before serving. Plate and cover with toppings of your choice (tomatoes, lettuce, sour cream, guac, and on and on).