What’s this, a recipe?
I know, I never do this sort of thing anymore.
Honestly, I barely cook these days, and sustain life via take-out menu.
But, I need to talk to you about my soup.
I got an Instant Pot for Christmas and took it out of the box 2 weeks ago.
First things first, it’s apparently call Instant Pot and not Insta-Pot, which seems like a total branding misstep on their part, when clearly, the better name for this thing is Insta-Pot.
Second, my fears are unfounded, this is not a bomb, and I’m obsessed with it.
In the winter months, soup is my religion, and this soup, specifically, is the tits.
I started out with a general base cauliflower soup recipe, it was amazing, click here to check it out.
But I have since gotten super cocky about the whole thing and now spend my time modifying the shit out of it, and eat a version of this soup at least every other day.
I can’t even give blood anymore, you guys, I’m just all soup inside.
Small Onion, chopped
2 tbsp Butter
4 cups Cauliflower, roughly chopped
4 cups Butternut Squash, peeled and cubed
24 oz Chicken Stock or Broth
1 tsp Salt
1 tsp Garlic Powder
1 tsp Curry Powder
Black Pepper to taste
4 oz Cream Cheese, cubed
1/2 cup Half and Half (or milk)
1 cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese
Optional toppings: bacon, green onion, fresh spinach, more cheese until no cheese is left in the world and the world ends and we die.
- Turn you Instant Pot to saute, add butter, and saute onion until translucent.
- Add cauliflower, butternut squash, salt, garlic powder, curry powder and chicken stock, quickly stir to mix.
- Set your Instant Pot to manual, 7 minutes.
- Once finished cooking, QUICK RELEASE the pressure.
- Use an immersion blender to smoothly blend all the cauliflower and butternut squash. Carefully, because soup is hot.
- Add the cream cheese and half and half and stir to melt. (I once again use the immersion blender here, the cream cheese never properly melts for me and I like it smooth.)
- Stir in the cheddar cheese and serve!
I like to add fresh spinach to the bottom of my soup bowl, and then let the hot soup I pour on top wilt the greens. It’s amazing. And then I top with bacon and cheese.
If I’m extra motivated that day, I put on a bra and grill some shrimp to toss in.
Today is not that day.