Tonight I tackled my mama’s Beef Stroganoff recipe. I love when she makes it, but the whole sour cream and ketchup aspect always scared me. But now, I stand corrected. It was not only simple to throw together, but mouth-wateringly delicious!
1 Large cut of Flank Steak (even a package of stew meat will do)
1 Quart of Mushrooms
1 Large Yellow Onion
2 Tablespoons Ketchup
1 can of Beef Broth (14.5 oz)
1 cup Sour Cream
3 Tablespoons of Soy Sauce
1 Tablespoon Butter
1 Bag of Egg Noodles
Slice flank steak into bite size pieces
Slice mushrooms and large onion
Prepare egg noodles as directed
1. In a large skillet, melt 1 tbsp of butter over medium high heat. Add Onion and mushrooms.
2. Add 3 tbsp of Soy sauce to vegetables and sautee until soft.
4. Add 2 tbsp of ketchup and mix together well.
5. Add can of beef broth, but RESERVE 1 CUP. Return skillet to high heat and bring to a boil.
6. While waiting for the broth to boil, add 3 large spoonfuls of Corn Starch to the reserve broth, and mix together very well.
7. Add Corn Starch and broth mixture to the boiling skillet, and allow to continue to boil until thickened.
8. Once thickened, reduce heat to low, and add 1 cup of Sour Cream, and stir to mix completely.