Even though it was freakishly warm today, my grill is still all locked away for the winter, but that doesn’t mean I can’t have yummy BBQ ribs! I mean, it’s game day, and nothing hits the spot like BBQ on game day.
8 Boneless Pork Ribs (Bone in is fine as well)
16 oz. bottle of Sprite
Rib Rub ( I like Emeril’s)
BBQ Sauce ( I ALWAYS opt for Original Mississippi BBQ Sauce)
1. The night before, cover the pork in sprite, and let sit refrigerate overnight. This will tenderize the meat.
***I recommend doing this with ANY pork or steak you work with. It makes the meat soft and delicious!
2. The next morning, drain pork and dry.
3. Cover pork in light coating of EVOO and completely cover each rib with rib rub.
***Really rub it in, the more it penetrates the meat, the better.
4. Cover and refrigerate until ready to cook, AT LEAST 3 hours.
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Line a rimmed baking dish/cookie sheet with foil.
3. Place ribs on foil, cover with another piece of foil, and cook covered for one hour.
4. Remove ribs from oven, cover in BBQ sauce, and heat up your grill pan.
5. Place BBQ’d ribs on a hot grill pan for about 1 minute on each side, just long enough to scorch them a bit.
6. Cover with more BBQ sauce. Enjoy!
This is great served with my yummy Asian Slaw salad and a baked potato.