It’s almost summer, and that means sun, great friends, cold drinks, and amazing food.
Without fail, as the time for family gatherings and picnics draws near, I’m always asked the same question, “Can you pretty, pretty please give me the recipe for your crock pot Bar-B-Que pork?”
Friends, today is the day.
Recipe: Crock Pot BBQ Pulled Pork
|Recipe: Easy Crock Pot BBQ Pulled Pork||
- 4-5 lb pork butt (bone out)
- 2 bottles KC Masterpiece Hot n’ Spicy (or your own favorite thick sauce)
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup water
- 3-4 T dried garlic
- salt & pepper to taste
- your own favorite spice mix (if desired)
- 1 tsp liquid smoke (if available)
- In the bottom of the crock pot, place the onion then top with water.
- Place whole pork butt on top of onion and water.
- Sprinkle all sides of pork butt with dried garlic, salt, & pepper. Add in your own favorite spice mix to taste.
- Pour one bottle of BBQ sauce over the pork butt and into the pot.
- Set crock pot to “low” for at least 8 hours, up to 12 hours.
- Remove pork butt from crock pot, separate with forks, adding desired amount of BBQ sauce to pulled pork.
- Serve on buns
Truly, this recipe is easy, delicious, and (kind of) healthy. ENJOY!
Angie Lynch is the founder and managing editor of the powerhouse women’s literary community, Smut Book Club. She is a Native Floridian without a tan, probably because she spends her days hard at work on the magical internet. For the past several years, Angie has worked way too hard at building clout as an influencer in food and margaritas as well as being a source for laughable pop culture commentary. You can read more from Angie on her blog, A Whole Lot of Nothing.