I love any reason to try a new spin on the same ol’ recipe. So when I came across this Feisty Shrimp Cocktail with a mexican flare I was really excited to try them out on my family a few years ago. They won us over and have since become my go-to appetizer recipe.
They’re fresh and creamy. Not a tomato- based cocktail, instead a mixture of sour cream and fresh herbs, avocado and corn. It’s light, yet fun, pleasing to the eye and delicious! Not to mention easy to throw together.
|Feisty Shrimp Cocktail||
- Lettuce leaves
- Sour Cream (or plain yogurt)
- 1/4 C mayo
- Hot Sauce
- Salt and Pepper
- If you have raw shrimp toss in EVOO over low heat to cook and set aside.
- Mix together your mayo, sour cream, hot sauce and juice of lime, salt and pepper to taste.
- Without bruising, slice your avocado and toss with 1/2 c corn, squeeze a bit more lime juice over to keep color and toss with shrimp.
- Prepare your glasses with a few leaves of lettuce then spoon your shrimp and veggie mixture into the glass, topping with a generous amount of sauce.
- Cool in the fridge to blend flavors.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Serves: makes 4 servings
- 9oz large shrimp
- 1 1/2 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 tsp hot red pepper sauce
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp sour cream
- 1 tbsp chopped cilantro, plus sprigs to garnish (optional)
- 1/4 head lettuce, cleaned and separated.
- 1 avocado, pitted, peeled, and diced
- 2 tbsp fresh or thawed frozen corn kernels
Jodi lives naked on paper writing through her Life List and all that is being married to a serial entrepreneur. A mother to two, Jodi has a passion to inspire women to live outside of titles. She chronicles lists and links of Things To Do, takes way too many photos and dreams of living in one place for longer than 12 months. You can read more from Jodi on her blog, Jodi Michelle.