When you know what works for you, you work it, right? Right!
I know what works for me, and that’s my legs. They are long, muscular, and nicely shaped. And, that’s why I was so jazzed when leggins came back in style. Lately they are the center of the outfits I put together.
I have a couple of dresses that I love to pair with various leggins. I love to add either a vest, a cropped jean jacket, a sweater, scarves, hats, or long necklaces to change the look, because, honestly, my wardrobe is a little lacking. So, I have to make do with what I have, and it really is amazing how you can create different looks with minimal pieces.
Here are some of my favorite outfits that give me confidence while accentuating my best assets. Also, I love to wear my tall, slouchy leather boots, but I’ve also coupled these outfits with high heeled ankle boots or ballet flats, on different occasions.
It would seem that I live a monochromatic life. And, that’s kind of true. I just love black, white, and gray! But, I digress…
Where did I get these fashion finds, you ask?
- The black leggins and the jean jacket are from The Gap.
- I found the gray leggins at Target (where I also got a back up black pair, but refrained from buying the white because that’s just wrong.)
- The dress in the top two pictures is also from The Gap, and it’s actually a maternity dress, but that’s our little secret, okay?
- I picked up the dress with the flowers on a clearance rack at Wal-Mart. Yes, Wal-Mart!
- The gray sweater and black and white striped scarf are from Lane Bryant.
- The red scarf (my favorite scarf in the whole wide world) was found at TJ Maxx for less than seven dollars.
- The asymmetrical gray vest (which I wear A LOT) is from Fashion To Figure.
Fashion to Figure is a clothing store that specializes in plus sized clothing, making it fashionable and affordable. There are some stores you can visit in New York and New Jersey, but their online shop is just awesome.
What’s even more awesome is that Fashion to Figure is the sponsor of today’s post!
To be entered in the Fashion To Figure giveaway, in the comment section, just tell me what your best asset is and how you accentuate it.
This contest runs today only, ending tonight at midnight EST. One winner will be randomly selected. One entry per person, please.
The prize is being provided by Fashion To Figure.
Thanks Fashion To Figure!
[Disclosure: The vest from FTF was sent to me to review, but I was not compensated otherwise.]
Mishelle Lane is a born-and-raised Buffalonian, wife of a pilot, mother of four, and professional photographer who currently resides outside of Atlanta. Online she has been writing on her personal weblog, Secret Agent Mama, since 2005, with a mix of photography, self exploration, poetry, and quirk, as well as playing with social media on Facebook and Twitter. While she is passionate about many things, nothing makes Mishi happier than when she is behind her camera, snapping away. And, very rarely will you see her without her camera. You can read more from Mishi on her blog, Secret Agent Mama.