We’ve all heard it: Men are from Mars and women are from Venus.
It’s true. We think and communicate differently. I get it. Women are complex creatures, indeed. So here are some Cliffs Notes. The top 10 things that women wished men knew. No more excuses, now you know.
Men: Pay attention. Take notes if you must. Follow these guidelines and you’ll get lucky.
Women: Print this out and put it on the fridge.
- By nature, we like to talk things out. If we have a problem, we like to talk about it because it makes us feel better, NOT because we want you to fix it. (And no offense, but if we’re talking to you about it, it’s probably because our girlfriends are busy.) Listen, be supportive, and let us vent.
- The little things mean more than you realize. Kind words, a thank you, A CLEAN KITCHEN. You might be surprised at the amount of action you may get from simple gestures like these. (Though they may be cliche, we still love us some candy, cupcakes and flowers, too.)
- Take initiative to help out. You live here, you know what we expect. Pick up your socks, make the bed, load the dishwasher – don’t make us ask, or worse, nag! We hate to nag, but dammit, if you give us no choice…
- Not every touch means we “want some.” Next time I accidentally brush up against you at the sink, understand that it means our bathroom is too damn small and NOT that I want sex.
- Affection should not have an ulterior motive. Sometimes it should stop at a simple kiss and a hug and not lead to a dry hump or feeling up.
- As women, we all have insecurities. Make us feel pretty. Compliment us. Be observant. New haircut? New dress? Black circles under my eyes less noticeable? Tell us! Chances are, we need the pick-me-up.
- Contrary to what it seems, we DO like sex. Sometimes we just like it on our terms. Let us take the lead once in a while (and, yes, that may include foreplay and cuddling – deal with it.)
- Romance is good. It makes us feel loved and valued. Once in a while, make the effort without expecting anything in return – you may be surprised.
- If we ever ask any version of “how does this look?” or “does this make me look fat?” there is not a right answer. It’s a trap – you will lose. We are asking because you have not been paying us enough attention. Start noticing things. Avoid these type of questions altogether by being observant and we won’t ask the needy, insecure questions.
- We are allowed to be bitchy, and it’s not always PMS. Don’t blame our justifiable bad mood on PMS. When you have a bad day, I don’t blame it on your small penis!
Try some of the above tips and that may improve the mood.