Good Morning America

by Brittany on May 6, 2013

in Chubby Girl, Fashion

I told you why I did it, and now you can see it for yourself.

I said this on Facebook, but I want to say it here as well…

I need to take a moment to just say thank you for all the support. It is an absolute honor to even be on the front lines of this fight, and if putting on a bathing suit, dressing like a dominatrix, dishing about jeans or taking off my clothes on stage is what it takes, it’s literally the easiest thing I do all day.

(I pull my pants down all the time, it’s super easy for me)

So thank you, a million times over. Thank you.

Rachel Hardy May 9, 2013 at 3:45 am

Just found you! Thanks so much for being bold and proud to be you. I’m a mommy blogger too. So glad you are proud of being you. You’re inspiring! ;)

Paula May 9, 2013 at 12:53 pm

I love you and love your blog. I’m 5’6″ and weigh 186 pounds, have my own pool at home and won’t wear a bikini in front of ANYONE. Now, I’m rethinking that!

You are my hero!!

Andrea May 10, 2013 at 1:44 am

I spent more than half of my life as a size 5-7 (equivalent to a zero today.) Weighed 116 lbs. I never wore a bikini. Plus-size women actually made nasty comments about my weight, right to my face! Now I am a size 18, weigh nearly twice as much, and I still would never wear a bikini, because I think one-piece suits are more attractive. Thin women make nasty comments about my weight, behind my back. If I lent credence to their nasty comments, I would have spent 40 years of my life plagued by feelings of inadequacy no matter what my weight. I decided at age 14 that I was more than my looks, and more than a number on a scale. Anyone who failed to notice were too shallow for me to even bother remembering their names.

You should be comfortable in your skin. Your photos look great! Your husband finds you sexy. What is sexy is your personality, self confidence, and curves. Face it, some men love curves. And 20 years from now, you will look back at these pics and say, “I was hot!”

Avancece May 10, 2013 at 4:30 pm

I stumbled upon your blog because of this picture….found on another website. I just wanted to say Thank You! and you look great. I have spent most of my 39 years feeling fat and ugly, whether i weighed 140, 175, 225 (my highest at my diminutive height of 5’4″) and sometimes even now, after two kids, and on the brink of 40. My family is taking our first vacation ever next March, and I decided that I WILL rock a bikini, stretch marks and all. So I’ve been rather obsessed lately with looking for validation that this is “ok” and inspiration. I admit that first part is silly, but a lifetime of feeling inadequate can take it’s toll. Anyway, thank you for posting. I do work out, I’ve been able to get back down to 155, even if I do still have jiggly parts, cellulite, stretchmarks and ridiculously pale skin. My first bikini as an adult is scheduled to be delivered TODAY…..EEK!!!

Krystal May 16, 2013 at 2:47 pm

You are awesomely inspiring. I would lve to sport a bikini this summer, but its hard to find a top that fits my G cups. I haven’t stopped searching though and you just made my seach all the more worth while. Stay sweet :-)

Kym May 17, 2013 at 7:53 am

Hi Brittney,

Where did you find the best selection for bathing suits? I carry most of my weight in my thighs and butt, so bottoms are difficult for me. I like the blue suit bottoms as they seem to fit more like underwear – wider on the sides to “hide” more for me. Thanks for any info! I am enjoying your blog so much!

Take care,
Kym

Amy May 23, 2013 at 10:07 pm

YOU GO GIRL!

Amy May 23, 2013 at 10:08 pm

Good for you for being yourself and doing what you are doing. I think of all the summer fun I missed out on with my kids when they were wee because I did not want to put on a bathing suit and it sickens me. We need more voices like yours!

Comments on this entry are closed.