This New Thing

I’ve never read The Secret. I understand the general premise, that you put what you want out into the universe, and by way of some sort of Oprah Hogwarts magic, it happens.

But, I’m just not very new-agey, and also, I’m insanely distractable and impatient.

I’ve been walking around all day wearing a post-it note that says “I want Michelle Obama arms,” and absolutely nothing has happened except for me eating that entire box of breadsticks.

So for me to sit here and say, oh so I helped develop this television show, pitched it, and now I need it to be picked up by a production company, and expect it to happen? Would be ridiculous.

Except that is what really happened.

Once upon a time, an actress named Keili, an author named Alice, and a professional grosser-outer named Brittany developed an absolutely hilarious travel show, that was picked up by a production company, and is being produced by Greg Grunberg who loved it so much, he’s also in the show.

Holy shit! Andy, I’m taping a show with hot Sean from Felicity!

I don’t know who that is.

Oh, boys know him as Matt from Heros/Eric from Alias.

Holy shit, this is why I married you.

So this is part of my life right now, working on a show that features funny-ass women and hot Greg Grunberg, proving adventures don’t stop when you turn thirty, or pop out kids, or your jeans get too tight to button.

We are taping the pilot in LA in January, and I’d love to have you all along for this pee-your-pants hysterical journey with me. Until then, I’ll just keep sitting here with my squishy Divine arms pinching myself.

comments

Comments

WOW!!! So, I have no idea who any of those people are or what exactly the show is… is it a reality show? But regardless – I’ll be cheering you on from now until you accept that Emmy!!

YAY you! Also, I was once an extra in Sex in the City so, you know, like Avitable said, count me in for a guest appearance cause I’m all SAG and stuff. (Ok, not really but you are throwing around words like “pilot” and LA and I have to show my street cred.)

• Brittany says

Yep, totally reality, us traveling the world, in various forms of debauchery and hilarity, and Greg will be the Charlie to this band of fallen angels.

You were in SATC!? Which episode? Let’s quote it together and play with each other’s hair and drink wine!

2. Becky C says

Fantastical!!! Now THIS is something I will use my DVR for! ;) Congrats, Brittany! You are changing the world…one blog post, one inappropriate joke and one pee-your-pants-laughing story at a time! ;)

OMG!!!!

Whats the chances I will get to see this in the UK? I am so happy more big and wonderful things are happening for you, totally deserved. <3 xx

4. Mark says

You had me at Matt from Heros. Loved hat show!!

And not to be a total man about this, but a brunette, a blonde, and a redhead? Consider me sold!!!!

5. FyshWyfe says

Eeeeeeeeeek!! Deat Jeebus, I am so excited for you. You are why we tell our daughters that if you work hard and be true to themselves, they can do anything. I’m so proud of you.

6. Kristen says

I am currently re-watching Felicity for the ka-billionth time, so this makes, like, my LIFE. I love “hot Sean”.

7. Lesley says

CONGRATS! Matt from Heroes!!?!?! WOW! You’ve made the big time!! (Yes I’m a woman and I only recognize him as Matt from Heroes…never got into Felicity. Does that mean we can’t be friends?)

• Brittany says

Oh we can totally be friends, I watched it also, I just primarily lived out my college angst with Felicity, so it’s my go-to reference point.

8. Lisa D says

This is amazing news!!! I’ll be watching. I’ve adored you, Alice and GG for yrs!! Congrats! I’m sure your kids will get such a kick out of seeing you on tv. Ok, used up my daily allotted exclamation points now.

Trackbacks