Lands’ End & I

by Brittany on September 5, 2012

in Chubby Girl, Fashion

As you know, I’ve been working with Lands’ End this year as the Spokesperson for their relaunched Plus Size line. So far, it’s been a lot of talking, a lot of traveling, and a lot of learning, for both of us.

To date, one of the most amazing aspects of this campaign has been the chance to speak face to face with women like me. Like you. Like us. From fashion to fit to styling things in a way that appeals to demographics that aren’t my grandmother, all this has been on the forefront of my message.

Because bottom line is, regardless of size, we all share the mutual desire to talk about our struggles and share our ideas and this overwhelming sense of, ugh, I just want to feel accepted and valued in my own skin. Which happens to be especially hard when that skin is hard to dress, and nothing fits, you aren’t seen as a customer worth designing for, and OMG with the elastic and neon animal print, already?

So, I’m really excited, ok fine I cried, to show you some of what Lands’ End and I have been working on this year.

If you happen to subscribe to Lands’ End’s Plus catalog, you might just find me inside of it. Specifically on pages 26-27. And if you are like me, you may have also ran to your mailbox, ripped it open, and started squealing and sobbing in the middle of your cul de sac while the old guy next door rides over on his lawn mower assuming you are having some sort of medical emergency, only to find you’re in a lady magazine and and he doesn’t want to start ovulating, so he rides away and leaves you to your celebration, which now includes the weird air punching thing Rocky does when he gets to the top of the steps.

Dear Lands’ End catalog, I’m inside you.

I also made a series of videos last spring, and… well, this is where I’ll just stop writing and let you see for yourself.

So, the thing is, it’s remarkably hard to put into words what a joy this body journey has been, even the lumps. I pinch myself daily, just honored and thankful to have experienced what I have so far, and for all the amazing things to come.

But, most importantly, thank you for giving me, not only the balls to do it, but the ability to be a voice in this movement, just as I am, unchanged and uncensored. Thank you for letting me be myself; flaws, over sharing, frizzy hair, questionable humor and all. Because at the end of the day, I’m not even an actual fashion blogger. I’m just a chubby girl who likes to play dress up, experiment with my shape, and help others do the same. (Did that sound a little Notting Hill-ish? It totally felt like it.)

Ok, enough mushy stuff, lest our cycles all align.

So, thank you and I hope you love the collection as much as I do, and you can also find me and more of my style videos online at LandsEnd.com/Plus. Finally a line of plus size clothes I would like to buy all of. (Sorry, gas bill, it’s 90 degrees out, who even needs heat right now!?)

Happy Plus Sizing, y’all!

{ 71 comments… read them below or add one }

Kimberly September 5, 2012 at 1:26 pm

Simply…fabulous!

Selina September 5, 2012 at 1:28 pm

This is great! Congratulations! You brought tears to my eyes.

Heather Davis September 5, 2012 at 1:42 pm

Tears. You just brought me to tears with that video.

I’m so proud of you and everything you stand for. Thank you just doesn’t seem adequate.

Hannah September 5, 2012 at 3:10 pm

Since I don’t technically know you in real life, is it weird that I’m proud of you?

I don’t give a shit. I’m SO proud of you! Yay!

Jennifer September 5, 2012 at 5:12 pm

I have the catalog on the counter at home, but have not had a chance to look inside it yet. Normally I throw those things in the trash and just shop online, but I knew you were going to be in it so I kept it. I can’t wait to see centerfold Brittany.

Krissi September 5, 2012 at 6:02 pm

You are an inspiration to us all! And how CUTE is your man???

Sharon September 5, 2012 at 6:04 pm

Congratulations!! I read your blog every day, I wear plus size clothes and I am thrilled to see you representing at Land’s End. Just awesome.

Elsie September 5, 2012 at 7:30 pm

I think you deserve a huge congratulations for bring brave, stepping out of your comfort zone and embracing your beautiful plus size curves. You are such an inspiration and I truly hope I will be able to take a leaf out of your book some day and be proud of how I look, instead of hiding away. You’re funny, smart and incredibly gorgeous, and your courage and determination is making history!

Erin September 5, 2012 at 7:37 pm

I love Land’s End, for my kids, for my size 11 feet, and most recently, for me! In the past I hated ordering clothes online (as a plus sized woman, trying things on is a must!), but with Land’s End you can return to a local Sears store and skip the return shipping, no questions asked! I fell in love with their clothes, and the fact that they realize that plus sizers don’t usually love to have their bellies hanging out when they reach their arms up to tame a fly-away hair, and they make shirts that “cover” that situation. Yay for you and yay for LE. I recognized you right away when I got my catalog yesterday and was very excited. Tons of page corners folded over!

Nicki September 6, 2012 at 1:45 am

So awesome! You are so beautiful!! Congratulations!

Annie September 6, 2012 at 7:04 am

this made me actually weep.

Alice Clayton September 6, 2012 at 11:44 am

So in love with you right now, it’s really not even funny
Alice
xoxo

John Glover September 6, 2012 at 4:33 pm

Nice blog, I see you use Thesis as well.
It’s nice to know others in and around Toledo blog as well.
Keep up the good work.

Anna September 6, 2012 at 9:29 pm

You’re gorgeous and I love this!

Is it weird that your voice in real life in higher than the one I hear in my head when I’m reading your blog?

Marissa September 7, 2012 at 10:48 am

Tears – You Rock!

meleahrebeccah September 7, 2012 at 2:59 pm

This is BEYOND AWESOMENESS!!

Liz September 7, 2012 at 8:58 pm

Holy cow! You look amazing. And I cried.

Mommy September 8, 2012 at 11:36 am

You are my favorite!!! I truly love what you are doing for ALL women. Thank you!!!

MommyNamedApril September 9, 2012 at 10:05 am

girl, there ain’t nothing frizzy about your hair. so happy for you!

Melissa - bargainshoppermom September 14, 2012 at 2:26 pm

Congrats Brittany! I had to mention you in my post about items 40% off at Land’s End today. I love what you and Land’s End are doing together!