My gift to you this holiday season is a family favorite, the Bourbon Slushie. No matter how many reindeer turtle necks, or tacky as seen on tv gifts, or family fist fights ensue, this little treat helps me stay in the holiday spirit, and ensures that by morning, everyone forgot what we were all fighting about anyways.
May your holidays be as rose-colored as mine this season!
- 1 can frozen Orange Juice Concentrate
- 1 can frozen Lemonade Concentrate
- 7 cups strong brewed Black Tea (3-4 bags)
- Fifth of Bourbon Whiskey
- 2 liter of Sprite (Can also use 7Up, Ginger Ale, or Sierra Mist)
- Boil water and steep tea until strong (about 20 minutes)
- In a freezer safe, seal-able bowl, mix tea, all the juices (DO NOT ADD WATER), and bourbon whiskey.
- Freeze overnight.
- Before serving, mash it up a bit to get desired slush-like consistency.
- Scoop desired amount of slush into glasses, and top off with Sprite.