Christmas time means Christmas cookies…which I suck at. I don’t mind eating them, but creating them is another thing, and I don’t do it. Cookie Swaps make my palms sweaty, but like them or not, they are a fact of the season, so I was hard pressed to find a cookie recipe that would not result in something that tasted like tar.
Enter, the S’more cookie bar from Hershey’s online. Easy to assemble, easy to cook, easy to eat.
S’More Cookie Bars
- ½ cup (1 stick) butter or margarine, softened
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 4 (1.55 oz. each) HERSHEY'S Milk Chocolate Bars
- 1 small jar of marshmallow creme
- Heat oven to 350°F. Grease 8-inch square baking pan.
- Beat butter and sugar in large bowl until light and fluffy. Add egg and vanilla; beat well. Stir together flour, graham cracker crumbs, baking powder and salt; add to butter mixture, beating until blended. Press half of dough into prepared pan.
- Arrange chocolate bars over dough, breaking as needed to fit. Spread with marshmallow creme. Scatter bits of remaining dough over marshmallow; carefully press to form a layer.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Cut into bars.